The Natural Anabolic Steroid?
This secret ingredient has been used by Russian Olympic athletes for many years and has been reported to increase muscle-building and endurance without the negative side effects associated with steroids. This “Russian Secret”, contains high amounts of an anabolic-type phytochemical called beta-ecdysterone and three novel ecdysteroid glycosides.
Now, that same “Russian Secret” is available in your healthiest meal of the day…. Shakeology!
That is correct! The secret ingredient is Suma Root, one of the 70 ingredients that go into making Shakeology. Suma Root is also known as Brazillian ginseng and grows naturally in South America. This plant has been used for centuries by the South American natives to promote healing and overall good health.
The root is still used to heal wounds, strengthen muscles, relieve chronic pain and inflammation, balance blood sugar levels, improve sexual libido, reduce tumors and much more. The Suma root has also been recommended for women with menopausal symptoms, pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) and hormonal imbalance.
In terms of sports performance, it increases the body’s ability to repair and regenerate cells, stimulates muscle growth, boosts energy, and enhances the overall functioning of body system, which makes it ideal for strength training and muscle building.
The majority of research on the Suma root has been conducted by Russian scientists who examined the effects of combining ecdysterone, high quantities of which are found in the Suma plant, with a high protein diet. Their findings showed that lean muscle mass increased by 6-7% and body fat decreased by 10%. Further research determined that ecdysterone had anabolic effects similar to those of the synthetic steroid Dianabol. However, ecdysterone did not demonstrate any of the harmful side effects.
There is no known negative health information available for this herb. Prolonged use of suma is considered to be safe. However, because of its impact on hormone levels in the body, it is not recommended that women take high dose of Suma while pregnant or nursing. The amount available in Shakeology is small enough to be considered safe. Although there are many positive testimonials from women taking Shakeology during pregnancy, always consult with your doctor when in doubt.
1. I have been drinking Shakeology daily for almost 2 years now, and my stamina, endurance, and strength has improved significantly. The first 90 days of drinking Shakeology, I’ve managed to cut down my bodyfat % to 4% from 6% while maintaining my lean muscle mass.
2. Shaun Moylan, another Team Beachbody Coach from my team, has been using Shakeology, especially during his cutting phase to prepare him for his bodybuilding competition. The results speak for themselves.
- “Russian Secret” by MusclePharm.com
- “Suma, powder” by herbco.com
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- Clean Diet? Cheat Meals? How about the No Guilt Cheat Meals - August 26, 2014
- Never, Never, Never Give Up! - July 5, 2014
- My Journey, The Physique, And The Competition - May 28, 2014
- Turn Your Struggles Into Personal Victories - March 13, 2014
- Body Image and Reality: What IS Fit? - December 9, 2013